Wednesday, May 07, 2008

A Week of Re-organizing or ... Welcome to the Cotton Closet!


Actually this began more than a week ago, approx April 22nd I think. But the most progress has been seen in the past week, which is why I haven't been blogging. My sewing room is a 9' x 13' bedroom which became unusable due to the amount of fabric and other craft stuff in the room. It was in bad need of a makeover. Well no one from HGTV was ringing my bell, and I didn't have $1,000 to throw at it either so I figured we'd see what a bit of good old fashioned elbow grease and a few dollars here or there could do. I have a running pictoral of it here but I'd like to tell you how it started...with fabric occupying one wall in these little cubicle bins I had put in from the local superstore. they were cramping my fabric and I couldn't see all of it. I needed a solution where they could lay out flat. I needed shelves and the closet would keep it out of the harmful daylight sun so it wouldn't fade! So my hubby built shelves in the closet and away I went, filling them from fabric I was finding everywhere... I'm STILL finding it.. but it's a lot more organized now, and it's easier to put things away when you know where they go, and have the room to do it. Take a peek at the pictoral trip, and stay posted to see the ending result. Here's the room so far. Thanks for tuning it!

No comments: