Thursday, March 11, 2010

9 Patch - QUILTED!!!


Ok, I started this quilt, hmmm 2-1/2 years ago? with a couple ladies I worked with. We formed our own 9 Patch Block Exchange. We chose a color palette of BOLD COLORS - that was it.. primary, secondary, even tertiary colors.. the only other rule was that we had to use a White-on-white for the alternate squares in each 9 patch. That way, they would all have something in common... so I finished the Quilt Top over a year ago... picked out the backing.. even bought the batting. The hold up, was the quilting of it. I had bought a Mega Quilter and thought of using it but every time I tried, I ran into some problem. Well finally, I ironed out all the problems, and last week... I QUILTED THE 9 PATCH!! YAY!!! It felt so good to see it come off the quilter! Here is a picture or two of it... on to the binding and it'll be complete!!

No comments: