Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Busy Season

I love Christmas, but it seems that it becomes busier and busier each year... where did the month go? Well today I got a free moment to try getting back on my Mega Quilter and finishing quilting MY quilt, which has been on it for a couple months I think. Anyway... I previously had issues with the thread continuously breaking. Someone suggested the bobbin area might be dirty and need cleaning. So I cleaned it. Good tip! Thanks Jeanette! So I get a row done, then stop to roll it up another row, and begin again... then I break a needle! OUCH. Ok... found the needles, removed the piece of needle that got lodged in the feed dogs, inserted a new needle, threaded it... and we're back to the breaking thread. GOOD GRIEF. Oh, and also, the stitches are skipping some... take a look at these pics... I don't get it... and don't know how to fix it either? Any ideas?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ruth, It is hard to tell what is going on from the pictures but the skipped stitchs are usually a problem with the tensions or needle. I know you said you just changed the needle but the new one could be bad also. I had problems wiht my Mega Quilter not liking some threads so you might try a different thread. I found the star threads worked well. You may also want to check to be sure the bobbin is properly wound and in the bobin case properly. Hope this helps. Jeanette

Ruth said...

Thanks Jeanette. Let's see, the thread is the same I have been using, I do need to get some of that Star thread.. but meanwhile I've done 1/2 the quilt with this thread. Bobbin is the same one, so far. The I guess I could try another needle or the tension. Thanks!

Ruth said...

i am noticing - looking at my own pictures- that they are skipping when I'm doing a "Right Curve" so it may be the rollers as one person suggested... I have yet to check that but will tonite or tomorrow.