Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

Easter is celebrated on the Sunday immediately following the first full moon after the vernal (spring) equinox. It can fall anywhere between March 22 and April 25.

That's Today. Happy Easter. Today is the day I thank the Lord for the sacrifice of His son Jesus.

As a child I attended a church where we celebrated Easter with a Easter Sunrise Service out on Lake Michigan. The congregation gathered at the church and carpooled down to the lake. We assembled on the 'rock' of Fullerton beach and our minister offered a few prayers, we sang a few songs, and I believe we had a short sermon. Then we all traipsed back to the church for a pancake breakfast. It was cold and windy on the lakefront, and earlier than I ever wanted to be up, but somehow these are the memories I refer to as fond memories of my childhood Easter.

No comments: