Friday, March 05, 2010

Erik's Quilt


Wow! A lot has happened since that last post. I can see that I need to try harder to post regularly so that is what I'll aim for! Last year I was working with Star thread on the Mega Quilter and have since moved on to Coats Cotton or Signature. I have found these to not break in the machine. I also have found every machine is very picky about the bobbin you use! WOW... really picky. I've leveled the floor, made marks on the floor so I can tell when it's been moved and can easily put it back in the spot where I know it's level! I have also quilted a few quilts since then! Stay tuned and I'll put some pics up this year as I go along.

Here's my last one, finished last weekend for my step-son Erik. His favorite color is green.. can you tell? I laid it out on my bed for the picture, as it's a Queen size quilt and we have a King size bed, so I knew most of it would show in the photo. The border and binding don't show very well, though. The border is a marble black with a cute grey binding. Maybe I'll get a close up one day. The quilting is a pattern I call Loop-dee-Loo - not rocket science but I like it. I also snuck in a couple "where's Waldo" things on him; I quilted his name in there twice and one heart. The name I showed in the blue photo, that's the backing but by flipping the picture horizontally I was able to post it with his name showing in the correct orientation so you can read it. I used an archival ink pen to document the date and my name, instead of what I think would be an unsightly label. (JMHO)

No comments: